I had some problems in my new studio with water dripping from the ductwork attached to the ceiling when it rained hard. We’ve had a lot of rain this summer (not complaining, after so many years of drought when I lived in Texas), but it damaged several of the pieces I was working on or was close to finishing.
I’ve been working on this piece off and on over the last few weeks, and am getting closer to finishing it. I smoothed out the drips until I had a flat surface again, using my fingers on parts, and a hard bristle paintbrush and a paper towel (outside in the fresh air) on part that had a lot of pastel. I slapped it on the back a few times (this is Ampersand Pastelbord) to remove all excess pastel dust, then basically started over. I built up the colors again and don’t see any remnant of the damage. I decided to switch to a smooth sky rather than a textured one. This is not completely finished, but close: